Friday, December 31, 2010
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Sunday, December 19, 2010
I really, really like Audrey Hepburn.
Like everyone else, I know she's classy and elegant and a style icon.
And I, like everyone else, wish I could dress like her.
She had tons of pretty black dresses.
Just one pretty black dress, and I'd be set for awhile.
But even without the pretty black dress, I'd be content just being her devoted fan.
Ever since I first watched My Fair Lady many, many moons ago, I've been in fandom-mode.
Then followed Roman Holiday...
and Sabrina and Breakfast at Tiffany's.
This Christmas break, there'll be Funny Face.
Along with The Great Gatsby (which was...interesting)...
the three-disc set of Doris Day and Rock Hudson...
DVD, a family favorite, in Lt. Robin Crusoe...
Amadeus, which I had no idea existed until yesterday...and now it's broken.
Oh! And the ever-authentic Alamo, which I simply must watch with father dear.
I think I love old movies almost a little bit more than the ones we've got now.
You have a favorite?
Saturday, December 4, 2010
- The "f" key on the keyboard is going out. I have to press it seven times to get it to work.
- It's December. (You already knew that, I know, but that's not the point.)
- I'm popular on Dictionary.com. Sort of.
- There's a Superman shirt at Wal-Mart I've been dying to get.
- I sent my letter to Jacqueline.
- There's a purse waiting for me out there. If you've never been purse-hunting, you're not missing anything, let me tell you. It's one of a female's most stressful shopping jobs.
- I learned how to Arrive Alive, how not to be a statistic...etc. Good things to know.
- Jennifer Grey (not to mention Derek Hough) won Dancing with the Stars. Yeah, yeah...I am, unfortunately, a follower of that ridiculous show. Does that lower my IQ?
So, yes, I am a typical teenage girl.
I think I need to accept that.