Sunday, May 8, 2011
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
- Tanning for prom is not (I repeat, NOT) a good idea, in my opinion. No offense. I personally just don't want to be orangeish and contract skin cancer.
- I will not be wearing feathers or flowers of any kind. Vintage look for me, please.
- Dancing is stupid.
- Okay, I take it back. I would gladly waltz, Jane-Austen-country-dance, Charleston, and jitterbug it up if dancing styles hadn't evolved. Too bad.
- In a small school like mine, prom is a big deal.
- It's becoming more and more clear to me now...just how odd high school relationships are. Dates and all that jazz have changed for so many in just a few weeks. Myself included. Huh! The mind is funny that way.
- How I, of all people, ended up on the prom committee...I have no idea.
- All things considered, I'm pretty excited. I have a pretty dress and sparkly jewelry, so I'm happy.
Now then, let's move on to more important topics, shall we?
- The American Lit class is watching The Great Gatsby. Hence all the classic-dance talk.
- I'm not going to miss the seniors as much as I did last year. My brain cells needn't be wasted on that.
- I think I'm in love with a song sung in...uh...Romanian, I think? Listen.
I, Elyse, am going to post a poem I have written myself. You read that right. Don't laugh, okay?
I had to. For Creative Writing. (Thanks a lot, Mr. Lawson.)
I don't have a title for it. Sorry.
Ahem. *insert clearing of throat sounds here*
Cowboys and Indians
Redcoats and rebels
Blacks and whites
Basses and trebles
The end is near.
Smiles and frowns
Darkness and day
Kindness and cruelty
Work and play
With every tear
The end draws near.
Pencils and pens
Fingers and toes
Life and death
Open and close
Each new year
An end is clear
War and peace
Yours and mine
Finders and keepers
Rain and shine
Sorry, my dear
Your end is near.
I told you not to laugh. :)