Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Filled



"Lead me with strong hands, stand up when I can't..."


~Sanctus Real


I want to be led.


I want to be emptied of everything I know now - my desires, my hopes, the things I picture for my future, my failures, over and over again, my imperfections, my obsessions, the things and people I love -


I want it all emptied, good and bad alike.


To be empty is to be clean.


To be empty is the potential; gaping, wide-open potential, to be filled.


Refilled with only the good and more: the beautiful, the humble, the simple, the joyous, the dependent.


When you're filled with good things, they create a solid surface. It's something you can lean back against, soak up, and enjoy.


Bad things fill up full of holes, so you always want more. They deceivingly make themselves appear grounded in truth, and when you try to put your weight tentatively on them, they fall through.


I want to be emptied. Cleaned out, refreshed, sanitized, and made full.


In fullness, there's freedom.

1 comment:

Relyn Lawson said...

This is so wise. And it reads like a beautiful prayer.